Chess Wizards is looking for a motivated Assistant Area Coordinator in the D.C. Metro area (with a preference on Northern Virginia) to help coordinate, coach instructors, and maintain program quality within our area Chess Wizards programs. This role will be part-time (30 hours per week). This position will require daily travel and reliable personal transportation is required.
- Coordinate and cultivate a system of regular communication with our staff
- Maintain and develop the quality of instruction within the program, including on-site visits, evaluations, follow-ups, and ongoing professional development
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, families, host school personnel, and other staff
- Participate in an ongoing and established team dynamic with colleagues in other regions
- Assist with other tasks related to the coordination and execution of the program, including scheduling and logistics
- 2+ years of classroom teaching experience (or similar experience).
- Solid organization and time-management skills
- A home office including high-speed internet, a recent computer or tablet, Skype, and email client software.
- Ability to work afternoons, with some occasional evening flexibility to accommodate staff.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in education
- Reliable transportation (car) for daily travel.
- Chess experience preferred but not required - applicant without experience must be willing to learn and be coached by our qualified staff.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 1:00pm - 6:00pm
If you are able to fulfill the responsibilities above, then this is the position for you!
To apply, please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter expressing your interest in the position.
Please apply directly through our career portal: https://chess-wizards.breezy.hr
For more information about our program, Please check out our website: http://www.chesswizards.com/